The Apple Event was held yesterday mainly for the launch of its much waited smartwatch the “Apple Watch”. The different features of the smartwatch were revealed by Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple Inc. Though the main goal was Apple Watch, revelations were also made regarding the other products of the company. So, what are you going to get from Apple Watch? Let us check out from this post.
Highlights of the Event revolving Apple Watch
- Speaker and microphone is integrated in the Watch, so you can send and receive calls.
- Make your payments with Apple Pay using the smartwatch. Double tap the Apple Watch and you can pay at merchant terminals in the departmental stores. You will get a haptic feedback after the transaction is complete.
- Get notifications of daily news, stick reports, social media and upcoming flight trips.
- Connect with another Apple Watch in real time. Make changes in one, see them in another.
- Tracking daily movement, the hours you have exercised.
- Companion workout apps for the Watch provide you metrics on your running, cycling etc.
- Get message notifications from We Chat. The watch can reply back with messages and emoticons.
- Check photos in Instagram. The Apple Watch can scroll through it, like the photo and see number of likes.
- Interface with Siri, using voice command.
- Answer your calls using your smartwatch instead of iPhone.
- Release of Watch Kit SDK, a platform which lets developers create apps for the Apple Watch.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Passbook integration allows scanning at airports. Get your boarding passes easily.
- Book a cab directly from your watch with the Uber App.
- Get notifications on your watch when you arrive near your hotel. All details will be provided about your room, which include checking time, room number and a button to unlock your rrom. Your Apple Watch turns into a room key. The Watch works with SPG app.
- Replies back to messages with dictations from the user.
- Unlock locks of home garages with alarm.cm app.
- Shazam is available with lyrics.
- The battery life is 18 hours.
- The Apple Watch is available in different styles and sizes.
- The Apple Watch app will be available in iOS 8.2. Designed to work with iPhone.
- Available in aluminum, stainless steel and gold plated.
- Apple Watch Sport will cost $349, full sized one will cost $399. Stainless steel version will be available in the range of $549 to $1049.
- The Apple Watch Edition will cost $10,000.
- Preview in retail stores and pre-order will begin from 10th April, 2015.
- On 24th April, the Apple Watch will come in select countries like the US, UK, Australia, China, Canada, France, Japan, Hong Kong and Germany.
- The surprise was an Apple Watch ad.
— TechCrunch (@TechCrunch) March 10, 2015
Other Highlights of the Event
- Apple has become HBO Now’s exclusive partner.
- Apple TV will now be available for $69.
- Announced Research Kit, which will turn iPhones into diagnostic tools. Health research given more importance.
- New Macbook unveiled with 2 lbs weight. 13.1 mm in thickness. Thinnest ever released till date. Displayed a gold Macbook. Many new and improved features have been added.
- Apple has dropped the ‘Air’ from the Macbook Air.
These are some of the highlights of the Apple Event.
— The Next Web (@TheNextWeb) March 10, 2015
Will you be buying the Apple Watch? Did you like the new changes that Apple brought in its Macbook? We would love to hear your thoughts.